Monday 11 July 2016

Still banging on about my darts wave

Hello,
here's the wave for MvG (green) against Barney (yellow, because I had it set to Chizzy and couldn't be bothered changing it) from their excellent match at this year's World Championships.

This one.



One thing I realised when putting this together is that you should really get some momentum for an intentionally hit centre bull, even when it's not a bull finish. Maybe the "big treble" should be big treble or centre bull. It isn't all that important but worth thinking about.

Another quite important thing on this is that I upped the parameter for a double. It was at 2 and missed double was at -1.5, which meant that if you missed two doubles and hit the third you ended up being a bit too negative. A good example that, though, of somewhere to fine tune. In the example I upped it to 3, but you could up it more. This would be how the wave would look if a hit double was 5 points.




Might not look hugely different, but the interest is in the detail, as they say.

Enjoy anyway.

PS: I've deliberately not provided any analysis but one fairly obvious thing is that MvG basically moves onward and upward, albeit not always with the same constancy, and Barney basically nips in with a little push upwards to take his sets. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not that's interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment